Please Vote :)

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me! Don't forget to click on one of these two links everyday...keep my blog on their websites :) Thank you.

Monday 18 August 2014

She has come such a long way.

I noticed a few things this weekend.

First: Miss 12 got excited about doing the housework.  In fact..she drove it.  Made sure we all know what we were doing and how we had to do it.  Slipped in a job for herself that she'd never done before so that I could show her how (pulling the weeds from the front garden...okay, it ain't quite a housework chore...but close enough).  Even went out of her way to sabotage my zone so that her zone looked better.  Competitive much?

Second: It's been well over a week since a major meltdown. Now obviously I'm not deluded into thinking it will never happen again. It's just an absolute achievement to last so long.

Third: I was talking to her teacher, who explained that Miss 12 has changed her friend group.  Like completely.  No more clinging to the naughty/cool kids.  And now hanging out with the good/cool kids.  What an achievement!

Forth: She wants to learn.  Mentioned by her teacher, but also noticed by me.  She is asking us to explain things to her that she doesn't understand.  Sometimes anyway! Sometimes she still argues her point.

Fifth:  Something she pointed out.  Yesterday she asked me; "do you think I've changed? Do you think I have been thinking more carefully about the way I talk about other people?"  yes...yes I do!  It's been ages since we've had to ask you to reconsider the way you might put a statement!

There is always a next step...but lets take today to notice the progress.

Notice the funny bits too.

We are renovating the bathroom.  One wall got ripped out yesterday.  This morning she says to me: I really don't like the new wall.  Me: Neither, I think it will take some getting used to  (at this point I was still joking and thought she was joking).  Her: Do you think maybe you should tell Mr.Other? How could you say it nicely without upsetting him? Me: Hmm, I think I'll just tell him that I don't think I like it and could we try a different new wall.  Her: But how will he put it up there, he's already taken the wall out.  Me: I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Didn't tell her that ripping the plasterboard off is just the first step - will let her learn that over the next fortnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment