Please Vote :)

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me! Don't forget to click on one of these two links everyday...keep my blog on their websites :) Thank you.

Thursday 31 July 2014

It can be a battle to stay positive.

Miss 12 is, most of the time, a pleasure.  But, some of the time, very hard to stay patient with.  The last couple of mornings she has been up and ready for school before I'm even out of bed.  Good on her, positive way to start the day.

Yet both the last two days, on the way to school she has found something to get in a grump about.  Really silly things both times and flicked into silent treatment.  Not that that's such a bad thing - I like quiet mornings!  But really frustrating as I just want to shake her and say "that's not how you solve your problems".  Of course I don't, I keep calm and ignore.  The internet was right - ignoring her is the best way to make the behavior go away.  I just wish it wouldn't happen in the first place.

She is trying really hard to be good.  Has asked several times over the last couple of weeks "Am I being good?" So I know she is making an effort and becoming much more aware of her behaviour.  That in itself is huge and I should be grateful.  I'd just be so much more grateful if she didn't sulk when she didn't get her own way.

She did something 'wrong' last week. Minor if you ask me, I don't think accidents should be punished.  She owned up to it the next day (before we'd even noticed) and later said... I was scared to tell you - I thought you'd hit me.  What?!  We have never raised a hand, or even threatened to raise a hand!?! Memories of the past probably - yet she swears black and blue she was never hit.

Figured out yesterday that she has been sneaking in visits with her family before school.  I doubt the agency have even picked up on this - they only see what they want to see.  Her social worker is away at the moment, so no point in us bringing it up until she is back.  I always wondered how long she'd take to figure out her family lived across the road from school and there was no way to stop her! I don't think she had deliberately gone out of her way to see them... but maybe they have gone out of their way to be at their letterbox and around the time the bus comes!

Today is Thursday.  Usual access with her family day - so anticipate a little moodiness! At least we know to prepare for Thursdays now!

No comments:

Post a Comment