Please Vote :)

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me! Don't forget to click on one of these two links everyday...keep my blog on their websites :) Thank you.

Sunday 23 August 2015

Miss 15

Around a year ago we had a young lady in our care.  She moved from us to some more long term caregivers, but I retained regular contact.  About three months ago I got busy and stopped the regular check ins.  I've just caught up with her.

Two months ago she moved back to her family.  She is also now self harming again.  She is falling behind at school, in more ways than one.  This worries me a lot. She hadn't self harmed in a year. She was doing extremely well at school.

I don't really know what to do?  It's not my place to rescue her. It's not my place to undermine her mothers efforts.  Is it my place to contact social services at let them know things aren't going so well?

Or is this a 15 year old crying out for a little bit of attention.  I have to work out whether she is just being dramatic, whether she is just having teenage conflict with her mum.

I think for now I'll touch in with her again tomorrow, and if there are still concerns I'll have to make contact with her social worker.  If she is harming herself (actually...) then someone needs to know...regardless of how hard her mum is trying - right?



And one last reminder...if you haven't clicked one of the 'badges' to Top Mommy Blogs today...click here: http://www.topmommyblogs.com/ to vote. Thank you.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lovely!
    I've tried voting a few times using the "top mommy blogs" button but it only seems to link to their page not actually voting for you, or maybe it is, I'm not sure, but the other button, the picket fence one, say's "you have just voted for ..." Not sure if that's relevant to you but thought I'd let you know.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have checked with them and it appears when the button is clicked from a laptop it's counting. But the text link isn't. Haven't figured out how to fix that yet :) thanks! I have made it on to 'adoption' links so some are going through!

    ReplyDelete