Please Vote :)

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me! Don't forget to click on one of these two links everyday...keep my blog on their websites :) Thank you.

Saturday 6 December 2014

Internalise that Stress.

One thing I find ridiculously stressful is moving house.

Once I'm physically in the house I am fine, I don't mind unpacking - in fact I quite enjoy it.  But I hate the anticipation - the planning, the packing, the changing of utilities...

Chuck into that some slightly more complicating factors:

Being a homeowner who needs to cover mortgages and rent at the same time
Moving while not physically in the country.
Moving into a house that isn't actually built yet - with no definite finish date in mind.


Having to move a 12 year old who resents change and copes (well doesn't cope at all) badly with any change.


All of the above factors would be fairly easy to manage in isolation. But having to not speak about those challenges or at the very least keep the stress levels visibly low.  To have to pack a house around a child who would likely have panics around seeing things go into boxes.  It's a pretty big thing to take on!

So instead of stressing verbally - I'll speak my thoughts in writing.

Packing:
I have two options.  Hiring someone to come in and do it once we've left to go overseas.  Or. Two days before we leave while Miss 12 is at school - roping in as many people to come in and do it as possible and try and get it done in the 6 hours she is at school.

One would mean I worry more about the safety of our 'things'. Two would mean Miss 12 coming home and not being in a  very good mood for the remainder 36 hours before we left, and possibly carry that stress into our holiday.

So remove her stress (get it done professionally while away); or remove my stress and do it all myself like I always have because I'm a control freak.

Or combine the two.  Could Mr 31 cope with overseeing things while I'm away...could I let go enough?

Things I do know:
Insurance I can sort over the phone
Phone and internet I can sort over the phone
Power I can sort over the phone.
The cat is booked into a cat jail so that she doesn't have to deal with the stress.
The move will have happened before we get back - we'll just have to move everything upstairs and unpack (that bit doesn't stress me).

Things I don't know:
How will Miss 12 cope.
How will I get things packed when I get so stressed about packing.
When will our house get tenants so that we can actually put an exact date on moving.

Urgh.  Moving is stressful.

No comments:

Post a Comment