Please Vote :)

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me! Don't forget to click on one of these two links everyday...keep my blog on their websites :) Thank you.

Thursday 26 March 2015

The thorn among the roses.

Of course my prediction was right.  Nothing is ever just a walk in the park is it.

The majority of our one year celebrations went perfectly yesterday.  Miss 13 loved her surprise dinner, she picked a movie (The second best exotic marigold hotel) that appealed to both myself and Mr 31.

She sat three seats down in the cinema (hey, she is 13 after all!) and talked pleasantly about the movie.

But in the car things went quiet.  She went straight to bed without her usual good night (read me a story and give me lots of attention) routine.

Its a hard one.  Of course she wanted to celebrate a fabulous year.  But inside those celebrations is a mark of a terrible day.  The day her and her siblings were ripped from their family home. With nothing but the clothes they stood in.

It took weeks to get her clothes.  She still hasn't got her 'things'.  She was made to recount some of the disgusting abuse that took place.  Yesterday marked those memories for her.  So I am not surprised she went to bed without saying good night.  But it still hurts a little.

She called me when I got to work this morning.  No reason, obviously just wanted to say hi.  My guess is that was her way of saying "last nights over, just checking you are still there."


No comments:

Post a Comment