Please Vote :)

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me! Don't forget to click on one of these two links everyday...keep my blog on their websites :) Thank you.

Friday 11 September 2015

When the heart goes a flutter

 I love that feeling I get when I can help a child out! When the phone rings and the agency asks you to take an emergency placement.  My brain swings into action, the adrenaline gets running and I start thinking through the little bit of difference I can make.  I am SO excited to go home to a little miss 7 tonight! I wonder what she will be like, whether she looks like her name.  Just what adventures, challenges and joys we may have!

It's a little painful when the decision is a little harder.  We are trying to make a decision about a longer term placement at the moment.  For two boys. Mr 6 & Mr 10, who are riddled with their own little mysteries.  Including total mutism (is that even the right term...no offence intended if it isn't).  They have experienced abuse, possibly one of the worst cases in the history of our developed nation.

We have the skills...we have the patience - but do we have the time to give these boys what they really need.  We just aren't sure yet.  It's a decision that will have to be very educated and we are meeting with some SW's on Monday to talk about what the time might look like.  It certainly isn't a challenge we are going to be able to take on without overwhelming support from those in our lives.  We are going to need regular respite, and a lot of patience from our friends if we take this one on!



And one last reminder...if you haven't clicked one of the 'badges' to Top Mommy Blogs today...please do!

No comments:

Post a Comment