Please Vote :)

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me! Don't forget to click on one of these two links everyday...keep my blog on their websites :) Thank you.

Tuesday 20 October 2015

Boys in blue and a trip to the doctor


After Sunday's post we were left with no option but to call the police. Mr 7 pushed Miss 13 over, was sent to his room, and destroyed it. I needed to go in to remove things he could injure himself on and he pinned me to the wall with his bed and began punching me repetitively in the stomach.

The police were amazing (when they finally arrived) and gave him a big talking to. One then took some time to teach him some guitar chords before leaving. He has not inappropriately touched anyone since.

His behaviour was still less than desirable on Monday night, when he kicked me because he didn't want to do his homework. While these things were happening I was writing very detailed emails to Social Workers, so I didn't have the time to blog details.

The social workers have all agreed it is in the best interests f all of the children if he is moved to a placement with no other children. I'm not 100% in agreement... But as they don't actually have a placement for him I haven't given them my reasons, by time they find a placement I may be well and truely over it. However, my concern is this. Picking him up and moving him is not solving a problem. This is his third placement. His first one there were no other children, and thr physical violence was a problem at both previous placements. Wouldn't it make more sense to surround us with support in dealing with the issues? And help him learn what positive safe behaviours are that aren't going to drive anyone nuts eventually.

Unfortunately I don't think the social workers involved have any idea how what strategies to try and just keep telling us we are doing everything right. Maybe we are, but it doesn't actually help!  I have asked for him to get a respite placement this weekend as we will be rather busy and won't be able to give him much one on one attention.

Anyhow, I have been asking for me 7 to see a doctor since the second day in our care. All along I have felt something was wrong and that he had an ENT infection of some sort. He finally got to see a doctor today and he has been so badly infected for so long that he has a perforated ear drum, and no memory of when it last didn't hurt. Having been a number of years since he has been to the doctor and they are talking a hospital visit in order to get it sorted that we are talking months not days. He also has such severe decay in his teeth that he will need a hospital visit for those too. His back teeth have literally all but disappeared... This poor child has been in PAIN for as long as he has ever known but not been able to identify pain.

Any idea where I am heading here? I gave him some pain relief after talking to the chemist. We haven't had any behavioural problems all night, he didn't complain of being hungry (didn't even finish dinner).  Maybe our strategies are paying off. Or maybe, just maybe... He has expressed his pain through aggression. I'd be a write off with one infected tooth or ear. Let alone a perforated ear drum and a mouth full of holes and rot.

Mr 12 and Miss 8 had a visit with their mum yesterday. Se gave them their 'stuff'. Unfortunately when I opened it all up it wasn't there stuff, but more or her rubbish. Loads and loads and loads of it. She must have nothing left (believe that 1) she is a hoarder and 2) she is homeless) so is saying it belongs to the kids to get it looked after. Thankfully I opened it first as there is all sorts in there... From unopened nicotine patches, antipsychotic drugs and mental health wars admission papers. Needless to say it has all been moved to the garage while social workers decide what to do with it. Mr 12 shows similar tendencies toward hoarding. He will not throw a thing away. Not even food packets.


Miss 13 did remarkably well today. She even cooked dinner and asked mr 7 if he wanted to learn how to make meatballs. She is really struggling with math despite it being her favourite subject. She is incredibly impatient with herself and doesn't take the time to learn a process, just thinks she is dumb because she doesn't know the answer to 4/5ths if 2500 straight away. She has huge gaps, but I wish she could see how far she has come. I think for future kids I may hold on to samples of what they are capable of when they arrive to show them further down the track. Dumb people don't make that much progres... I need to show Miss 13 she isn't dumb.. I just wish I had kept the evidence.

And one last reminder...if you haven't clicked one of the 'badges' to Top Mommy Blogs today...click here: http://www.topmommyblogs.com/ to vote. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment