Please Vote :)

Visit Top Mommy Blogs To Vote For Me! Don't forget to click on one of these two links everyday...keep my blog on their websites :) Thank you.

Monday 26 October 2015

Return of Mr 7

Mr 7 shouldn't really be back... But it's not like I can let him sleep on the street. I have sent another email tonight to the social workers saying that in order to keep other children safe I am expecting them to act. Hubby goes away again tomorrow and I will have two nights to get through alone, though a friend is able to give Mr 7 some one on one time if needed Wednesday night... So really I have one night to get through alone... But that's all worst case scenario. 

His return today went okay. I had a few more tricks up my sleeve after reading a book over the weekend about emotional time out. Giving the child no attention until compliance. On the theory that they will comply as they just can't live isolated very long. (Don't take any advice from that statement... There is so much more to it than that... I will write a post about the strategy later)

And one point he hit another child. Safety plan came into action. 'bedrooms now' and all the rest of the children disappeared. He said 'I'm not going to my room'. I said, you don't have to. I then 'got busy' a strategy from the book. I folded laundry, tidyed up his room. All the while the other children stayed very quiet and out of the way. It was less than five minutes til he took himself to his room and got out a game. I said. 'You play here quietly okay, let me know when you are ready to rejoin the family safely and be kind'. I walked away and let the other children out of their rooms. Success. He came out about 15 minutes later asking to be a safe part of the family. 


I asked him to put a shirt on to come to the shops with me. He refused.  I told all the other children to hop in the car, and we left. Without him. When I got home he still didn't have a shirt on. So I handed him one and said 'now' he said 'oh my god what the he'll' but he did it and it was over. 

Later this evening I asked him to go and have a shower. He very very quickly started showing signs of aggression. I whispered to the other two children I. The room to completely ignore him until he did as he was told. He said 'I'm not going to my room'. They did, and about 30 minutes later he got in the shower when he got out he was given lots of positive attention. The other children played with him for about an hour with no incident. 

I don't call it a miricle, I don't know that the strategies will work if he figures out our game plan. But... We got through today with no one being hurt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment